- Start Date: This course is run every quarter (January, April, July, September)
The Staff Internship – Certificate IV in Christian Missions (C4CM) is a two year course that trains you in the core aspects of being a full-time volunteer in YWAM. The Staff Internship – C4CM is the foundational training for all YWAM Sydney Island Breeze staff. You must have completed a Discipleship Training School before you can enroll in this school.
You will be equipped with ministry skills and knowledge to be able to work effectively in a team; develop your gifts and skills, participate in outreach options in variety locations, and be part of the dynamic ministry here at YWAM Sydney Island Breeze.
- 2 weeks class orientation and introduction into the ministry
- Ongoing weekly input
- Personal fundraising and support raising development
- Participate in all areas of ministry as a full-time YWAM Sydney Island Breeze staff
- Serve in an area of greatest need in one of our teams
- Utilize your gifts and skills. If you are not sure what your skills are, the Staff Internship – C4CM provides you with an opportunity to discover more of your strengths
- Opportunity to work in a community of dedicated YWAM staff who are passionate about opportunities to serve, build, care and connect with individuals and communities in many locations.
At the completion of all units of the course, you will obtain a 52522WA Certificate IV in Christian Missions
- Unit CHR243.121: Reflect the example of Christ in lifestyle and ministry The purpose of this unit is to equip a Christian missionary with an understanding of how to apply the example of Christ’s life in their own life and ministry in the context of Christian missions.
- Unit CHR243.122: Operate effectively in Christian missions The purpose of this unit is to equip a worker in Christian missions to operate in, understand and adapt to working in a missions environment.
- Unit CHR243.123: Work effectively in a ministry team This unit covers the importance of working together in a ministry team and the importance of Christian character within that context.
- Unit CHR243.124: Participate in evangelism within a specific context This unit equips the trainee to do evangelism in a variety of settings and deal appropriately with listener’s responses.
- Unit CHR243.125: Develop specific ministry skills This unit addresses the need of the Christian missions worker/leader to not only be a leader but also be competent in the skills of the ministry in which they are involved and in their ability to impart those skills to others.
- Unit CHR243.126: Develop an effective support base The purpose of this unit is to equip the participant to maintain a personal support network; giving key strategies in the areas of communication, prayer and finances.
* For recognition of prior learning/course credit, please see the Staff and Student Handbook.